2018 Super Rugby starts here!
- 22 Jan 2018
SA Rugby magazine's ultimate guide to the 2018 Super Rugby tournament is on sale now for just R29.90.
Super Rugby has gone 'back to the future' by returning to a 15-team, three-conference format, and for the first time since 2005, South Africa will have just four teams.
We tell you all you need to know about the 15 teams going into the new season, with three fact-filled pages on each South African franchise.
Also in the new issue:
– Five players who could make a positive impact for the Springboks in 2018 and in the lead-up to the 2019 World Cup
– Blitzboks superstar Seabelo Senatla wants to put himself in contention for Springbok selection
– John Plumtree on what went into the Hurricanes' pre-season campaign
– Thando Manana on why SA Rugby must scrap its 30-cap eligibility rule for overseas-based players
– Francois Venter rose to the occasion on the Springboks’ end-of-year tour
– Varsity Rugby’s latest law change has been heavily criticised
– Faf de Klerk has proved to be a smart signing for the Sale Sharks
– Our latest Saffas in Europe XV, based on players' club form in January
– What happened to former Bok hooker Delarey du Preez?
– Odwa Ndungane picks his Perfect XV
Whiteley’s new beginnings
Warren Whiteley wants to make up for lost time after enduring a lengthy injury lay-off last year, writes CRAIG LEWIS.
Six stars who have impressed
CRAIG LEWIS identifies six young players who may have caught the eye of Bok coach Rassie Erasmus after five rounds of Super Rugby.
Agaba’s out of Africa
Born in Uganda, Tim Agaba is making a name for himself in South Africa. This is his story, in his own words.