Other international results
- 16 Nov 2013
There were wins for Japan, the USA, Italy, Romania, the French Baa-Baas and Uruguay this weekend.
– Japan overcame Russia 40-13 in Colwyn Bay, north Wales, on Friday night thanks to some great running rugby, including two tries from powerful Japan centre Male Sau.
– The USA beat Georgia 25-23, but not without a dramatic and controversial ending. The game went on after the official time clock was up, and Georgia kicked the ball out thinking they had won. The USA then won the lineout, gained a penalty, and successfully added the three points just before the final whistle.
– Italy defeated Fiji 37-31 in Cremona, but it wasn't easy for the Italians, who dominated the first half. Fiji came back strongly in the second half, but Italy's defence allowed them to hold on to their six-point lead until the 80th minute. Italy captain Sergio Parisse produced a great performance in his 100th Test.
– Romania slipped passed Canada 21-20 in a tightly-contested match, with a final-minute penalty sealing it for the Romanians.
– The French Barbarians squeezed past Samoa 20-19 at Clermont's Marcel-Michelin stadium.
– Uruguay narrowly defeated Spain 16-15 in Montevideo.
Photo: Chris Brunskill/Getty Images
Another Super snooze awaits
Vodacom Super Rugby in its current format offers nothing to be excited about and the expanded version in 2016 will do nothing to invigorate a waning brand, writes RYAN VREDE.
Super Rugby preview: Lions
The Lions will go into the 2015 Vodacom Super Rugby season brimming with confidence.
Super Rugby preview: Stormers
The Stormers are under pressure to perform in 2015 after two disappointing seasons.