Other international results
- 16 Nov 2013
There were wins for Japan, the USA, Italy, Romania, the French Baa-Baas and Uruguay this weekend.
– Japan overcame Russia 40-13 in Colwyn Bay, north Wales, on Friday night thanks to some great running rugby, including two tries from powerful Japan centre Male Sau.
– The USA beat Georgia 25-23, but not without a dramatic and controversial ending. The game went on after the official time clock was up, and Georgia kicked the ball out thinking they had won. The USA then won the lineout, gained a penalty, and successfully added the three points just before the final whistle.
– Italy defeated Fiji 37-31 in Cremona, but it wasn't easy for the Italians, who dominated the first half. Fiji came back strongly in the second half, but Italy's defence allowed them to hold on to their six-point lead until the 80th minute. Italy captain Sergio Parisse produced a great performance in his 100th Test.
– Romania slipped passed Canada 21-20 in a tightly-contested match, with a final-minute penalty sealing it for the Romanians.
– The French Barbarians squeezed past Samoa 20-19 at Clermont's Marcel-Michelin stadium.
– Uruguay narrowly defeated Spain 16-15 in Montevideo.
Photo: Chris Brunskill/Getty Images
‘Error rate in Durban was dreadful’
What former Bok coach NICK MALLETT had to say on SuperSport about the past weekend's Super Rugby matches involving South African teams.
Rassie’s recovery plan
Rassie Erasmus is on the cover of the new issue of SA Rugby magazine, on sale this week.
Franchises can help boost Boks
South Africa’s top franchises and the Springboks must work together, writes JON CARDINELLI.