For the second Test against France at Kings Park in Durban on Saturday.
– This will be the Springboks' 41st Test against France. Of the previous 40, 22 were played in South Africa and 18 in France. Of the six matches played in Durban, three were drawn.
– The Springboks' overall record for the six Test matches against France in Durban is: P 6; W3, D3; PF: 123; PA: 91; TF: 12; TA: 7; Average score: 21-15. Win%: 50.
– South Africa’s record against France at home: P: 22; W: 11; L: 6; D: 5; PF: 475; PA: 336; Win%: 50.
– South Africa’s overall record against France: P: 40; W: 23; L: 11; D: 6; PF: 820; PA: 592; Win%: 58.
– The total Test caps for the Springbok starting lineup is 273. There are 54 caps in the backline, 219 among the forwards, and a further 159 on the bench.
– The average caps per player in the backline are eight, the forwards 27 and the players on the bench 20.
– The average age of the starting XV is 26.
– The tallest player in the squad is Eben Etzebeth (2.04m) and the shortest Elton Jantjies and Bongi Mbonambi (1.76m). The heaviest players are Frans Malherbe and Steven Kitshoff (125kg) and the lightest players are Andries Coetzee, Ross Cronjé and Dillan Leyds (85kg).
– Beast Mtawarira will extend his record as the most-capped Bok prop, with 88 caps in this position. He is the third most experienced Bok forward with only Victor Matfield and John Smit with more career Test matches.
– Elton Jantjies needs five points to reach 100 points in Test rugby.
– Frans Steyn needs 18 points to reach 150 points in Test rugby.
– The referee is Ben O’Keeffe of New Zealand. He made his Test debut as a referee on 11 June 2016 in a match between Samoa and Georgia. To date, he has refereed four Tests and this will be his first Bok Test.
– The assistant referees are Glen Jackson of New Zealand and Angus Gardner of Australia. Rowan Kitt of England will again officiate as TMO.
Photo: Steve Haag/Gallo Images