SARugbymag.co.za looks back at the South African players who featured for their respective clubs in the 10th round of the 2020-21 French Top 14 season.
– Clermont, featuring flank Jaco van Tonder, claimed a 40-14 bonus-point win over hosts Castres. Scrumhalf Rory Kockott and prop Dan Kotze played for the home side, remaining in 12th position on the log. Clermont are third.
– Lock Eben Etzebeth scored one of two tries as Toulon ground out a 18-13 victory over Pau. Prop Lourens Adriaanse started for Pau. He was subbed off, but an injury to his replacement subbed Adriaanse on again to finish the game. Toulon moved up to fifth on the table.
– Toulouse ran in nine tries as they thrashed Agen 63-18 at home. Springbok duo Rynhardt Elstadt and Cheslin Kolbe crossed for a try each for the winning team, with the former occupying a starting role and Kolbe playing off the bench. Toulouse are second in the standings. Agen, who are on a 10-match losing streak, remain rooted to the bottom of the log.
– Springbok pair Dillyn Leyds and Raymond Rhule started for La Rochelle in their 36-22 win over Brive. Both produced solid displays, with Leyds going over for a try. La Rochelle are now five points clear at the top of the table.
– Bordeaux upset host Montpellier 23-22 thanks to a converted try three minutes away from full time. Forwards Jandre Marais and Joseph Dweba were on duty for Bordeaux. Cobus Reinach, Paul Willemse, Jacques du Plessis and Johan Goosen did service for the misfiring Montpellier.
– Bernard le Roux and his Racing 2 teammates hammered Bayonne 43-17 to consolidate their place in the top four. Wing Sean Robinson played for Bayonne from start to finish.
– Gerbrandt Grobler and James Hall turned out for Stade Français, who slumped to an agonising 20-19 defeat by Lyon, who have now climbed above their victims on the log.
Photo: Getty Images