Former All Black Jeff Wilson has named one South African on his list of the top-five greatest Super Rugby players of all time.
Speaking on rugby talkshow ‘The Breakdown’, All Blacks great Jeff Wilson identified the five players he considers to be the greatest-ever competitors in Super Rugby since the tournament’s inception in 1996.
Commenting on his picks, Wilson said: ‘I’m not ignoring every other position, I think it just emphasises more and more the fact how critical it is that if you want to have success at every level then you need a top flyhalf, hence why they’re in demand.’
Wilson’s top-five Super Rugby players of all time:
1. Richie Mo’unga (79 matches, 903 points, 28 tries, 5 titles)
2. Dan Carter (141 matches, 1,708 points, 36 tries, 3 titles)
3. Morne Steyn (129 matches, 990 points, 14 tries, 3 titles)
4. George Gregan (136 matches, 117 points, 21 tries, 2 titles)
5. Andrew Mehrtens (88 matches, 990 points, 13 tries, 5 titles)