Rory Kockott got on the scoresheet to help Castres to a 10-point win over Pau in round 16 of the French Top 14 this past weekend.
– Agen caused an upset by defeating hosts Brive 30-16. Lock Peet Marais and flank Retief Marais were in Brive’s starting lineup. Agen had lock Jeremy Jordaan in their ranks.
– Bayonne claimed a 28-17 victory over the struggling Stade Français. Scrumhalf James Hall was the only South African on show in the game with a 51-minute performance for Stade, who are second last in the standings.
*Follow us on our new Instagram journey by clicking here
– Castres, featuring scrumhalf Rory Kockott, hooker Jody Jenneker and prop Dan Kotze, registered a comfortable 26-16 victory over Pau despite conceding a yellow and red card in the match. Prop Lourens Adriaanse played for the bottom-ranked Pau. Kockott kicked a penalty for Castres.
– La Rochelle edged Toulon 17-12 in an ill-disciplined match that produced three yellow cards. Flank Wiaan Liebenberg put in an 80-minute shift for the winning team, while Springbok lock Eben Etzebeth was on the park for the opening 55 minutes for Toulon.
– Bordeaux consolidated their place at the top of the table with an exciting 31-22 triumph over hosts Clermont. Jandre Marais played at No 5 for the winners. The result drops Clermont to seventh on the log.
– Lyon outlasted Racing to clinch a 29-20 win at home. The result keeps Lyon second in the standings, while Racing drop to fifth. Second-rower Etienne Oosthuizen was on duty for Lyon from kick-off until the final whistle.
– Cheslin Kolbe and Rynhardt Elstadt came out on top in their battle with fellow World Cup-winning Springboks Handre Pollard and Frans Steyn as Toulouse easily beat Montpellier 25-7 at home. Front-rowers Bismarck du Plessis and Johannes Jonker, locks Nicolaas Janse van Rensburg and Jacques du Plessis, centre Jan Serfontein and wing Johan Goosen featured alongside Pollard and Steyn for the eighth-placed Montpellier.