SARugbymag.co.za looks back at the past weekend’s European Champions Cup, Challenge Cup and Pro14 matches involving South African players.
CHAMPIONS CUP SEMI-FINALS
– Racing 92, featuring flyhalf Pat Lambie, No 8 Antonie Claassen and flank Bernard le Roux, beat Munster 27-22 in Bordeaux. Lambie made 14 tackles and returned a 100% tackle completion rate. No 8 CJ Stander and locks Jean Kleyn and Gerbrandt Grobler turned out for Munster.
– Lock David Bulbring and Werner Kruger were in the Scarlets’ side that lost 38-16 to Leinster in Dublin. The Irish club outscored their Welsh opponents by five tries to one to progress to the final.
CHALLENGE CUP SEMI-FINALS
– Flank Ruan Ackermann and his Gloucester teammates advanced to the Challenge Cup final after beating the Newcastle Falcons 33-12 at Kingsholm Stadium. Gloucester scored four tries.
– Prop Lourens Adriaanse’s Pau slumped to a 16-10 defeat against the Cardiff Blues.
– Hooker and stand-in captain Rob Herring inspired Ulster to an impressive 36-15 win against the Glasgow Warriors. Wing Louis Ludik, No 8 Jean Deysel and flank Robbie Diack played alongside Herring for Ulster, who kept alive their slender hopes of reaching the playoffs.
– Zebre, with Johan Meyer, Luhandré Luus and Derick Minnie in their ranks, beat the Ospreys 37-14 at the Sadio Sergio Lanfranchi. With one round of regular-season fixtures remaining, both sides are out of the running for a spot in the knockout stage.
Compiled by Mariette Adams
Photo: David Rogers/Getty Images