Lood de Jager hopes to reach great heights with the Cheetahs and Springboks this year.
De Jager had an outstanding 2015 World Cup. He called the lineouts in the absence of Victor Matfield, produced several storming runs (including one that resulted in a try against Japan) and made the most tackles at the tournament.
At just 23, it’s scary to think how good South Africa’s ‘baby-faced assassin’ could become.
In the new issue of SA Rugby magazine, the 2015 SA Rugby Player of the Year talks about the experience of playing at a World Cup, calling the lineouts, his goals for the 2016 season, and competing against Eben Etzebeth and Pieter-Steph du Toit in Super Rugby.
Former Springbok forwards coach Johann van Graan also tells us about De Jager's biggest attribute, his attitude when he attended his first Bok camp and how he took his chance as the leader of the Bok lineout.
Also in the new issue:
– Sharks wing Lwazi Mvovo has added new dimensions to his game
– Bulls No 8 Arno Botha has put his nightmare injury run behind him
– The sooner Siya Kolisi settles at openside flank for the Stormers, the better for the Springboks
– The Lions have brought the best out of Andries Coetzee
– Sevens star Akira Ioane is New Zealand's next big thing
– In the 10th instalment of a series on Springbok coaches, we looks at how John Williams was set up to fail in 1992
– CJ Stander had to leave South Africa to prove he could play Test rugby as a loose forward
– Player poaching continues to plague South African schools rugby
– Rosco Speckman on his role for the Blitzboks, where he can improve, and the Olympic Games
– Shaun Sowerby is a valuable member of Jake White’s coaching staff at Montpellier
SA RUGBY MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTION RATE
– Available monthly to Foschini Group account holders for R26.99 (incl VAT) per issue
– Non-Foschini Group account holders (12 issues): R359 (incl VAT), Neighbouring states: R620; International: R820
SA RUGBY MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTION ENQUIRIES
– Foschini Group account holders: Phone 0860-117-529, email [email protected], or SMS ‘SARUGBY’ and your account number to 44001
– Non-Foschini Group account holders: Phone (021) 416-0141, fax 086-567-1350, or email: [email protected]