The Vodacom Bulls and Cardiff will lock horns at Loftus Versfeld on Saturday in the second-last match of Round 9 in the Vodacom United Rugby Championship.
Overall URC head-to-head record: Played 1, Bulls won 1
When they last met:
— SA Rugby magazine (@SARugbymag) December 1, 2022
Did you know?
– The last time these sides met, the Bulls turned Cardiff over on their own patch 29-19.
– The Bulls have responded to consecutive losses in Rounds 4 and 5 by winning three matches on the bounce.
– Cardiff have won four of their last five matches in the URC.
– In terms of try-scoring possessions, the Bulls have had more that begin with a turnover won than any other team (10).
– Flyhalf Chris Smith has made more metres from penalty kicks than any other player (1, 325). However, he has also conceded as many turnovers as anyone in the league (15), three of which have been unforced dropped balls.
– Fullback Wandisile Simelane was impressive last weekend, topping the charts for metres made (150) and defenders beaten (six). He also made two clean breaks, but was beaten to top spot here by teammate David Kriel who made four.
– Flyhalf Jarrod Evans has made the most ineffective tackles of any player in the URC this season (38). He has also missed 12 tackles, the most of any flyhalf in the league.
– Making an impression in his first season at Cardiff, flanker Thomas Young has made the most tackles of any player in the URC so far with 114 completed tackles.
– Cardiff are one of two sides who have made four mauls which have travelled more than 10 metres; the other is the Stormers.