The Lions will look to stun Irish giants Leinster when the teams meet at Ellis Park in the Vodacom United Rugby Championship on Saturday.
Overall Vodacom URC record: Played 1, Leinster won.
When they last met:
Did you know?
– Last season, this fixture was an eight-point game. At half time, Leinster led by just seven points to six.
– The Lions are on a three-match winning streak, their first since October. They haven’t won four consecutive matches this season.
– Leinster’s draw against the DHL Stormers was the first time they have failed to win in the URC in 15 matches.
– Marius Louw has missed more tackles than any other player (39); his tackle success rate is 77%. However, he has made the most dominant tackles in the league (23).
– PJ Botha has thrown into the most successful lineouts in the URC, a total of 132. A league-high 13 of these have been thrown beyond the 15-metre line.
– Sanele Nohamba is the only player in the league to have kicked three 50/22s.
– Harry Byrne made more kicks (16) and kick metres (546) than any other player in Round 16. A round-high three of his kicks were retained and he became the first player to kick two 50/22s in a single match this season.
– Rob Russell won as many turnovers as any other player in Leinster’s last league appearance (three, = Shane Lewis-Hughes). So far this season, he has won the joint-most turnovers in the Leinster squad (seven, = Ryan Baird).
– Leinster have scored nine more tries from tap penalties than any other team, a total of 15.
Photo: Dan Sheridan/INPHO/Shutterstock/BackpagePix