All the Opta stats and facts for the opening Super Rugby Unlocked match between the Sharks and Lions in Durban on Friday.
• The Sharks have won their last three Super Rugby games on the bounce against the Lions after having lost each of their seven encounters prior; the last and only time the Sharks won more consecutive games against the Lions was a five-game stretch from 2007 to 2011.
• The Sharks have won their last four Super Rugby games on the bounce coming into Super Rugby Unlocked: it’s their longest winning streak since a stretch of six wins across the 2015 and 2016 campaigns.
• The Lions have lost their last four away South African derbies in Super Rugby in a row after having been undefeated in their previous 11 (W10, D1).
• The Sharks gained 387 metres and beat 23 defenders per game in the 2020 Super Rugby season, the most of any South African team in either category.
• Elton Jantjies(Lions) has finished with a try assist in four of his last five Super Rugby encounters with the Sharks; however, he’s not scored a try of his own in that time and has managed a tally of just 27 points (nine conversions, three penalty goals) in that span.
Photo: Darren Stewart/Gallo Images