SA Rugby will announce the outcome of its coaching review process towards the end of next week.
On Wednesday, it was reported that Allister Coetzee will continue to coach the Springboks, with his position to be reviewed after the three-Test home series against France in June. If the Boks lose that series, Coetzee will face the sack.
On Thursday, however, SA Rugby president Mark Alexander said that the future of Coetzee and his assistants would only be made public next week. Alexander said that the report-back had been received by the Executive Council and a number of decisions had been taken.
'We have reviewed all aspects of 2016’s performance,' said the SA Rugby president. 'We have spoken to the players as well as the coach and critically reviewed the season.
'We have decided on a number of actions to make what we believe will be significant changes and will announce those as soon as possible.
'However, I would ask our supporters to have a little more patience and understand that certain conversations need to take place before formal announcements can be made.'
Photo: Luigi Bennett/BackpagePix