SARugbymag.co.za looks back at the South African players who featured for their respective clubs in the PRO14 this past weekend.
– The Glasgow Warriors turned the tables on Edinburgh as they clinched a 15-3 win over their bitter-rivals at Murray. Prop Oli Kebble scrummed down for Glasgow. Edinburgh had front rowers Pierre Schoeman, Michael Willemse and WP Nel, and backs Duhan van der Merwe and Jaco van der Walt in their lineup. Despite the loss, Edinburgh still finished the regular season at the top of the Conference B standings.
– Rob Herring scored Ulster’s only try as they slumped to a 28-10 defeat by title favourites Leinster. No 8 Marcell Coetzee and wing Louis Ludik featured alongside Herring for Ulster, who finished second in Conference A, behind their conquerors.
– Flank Chris Cloete starred as Munster hammered Connacht 49-12. Cloete played alongside compatriots CJ Stander and Damian de Allende. Connacht had Saffa Quinn Roux at No 5 lock. The win had Munster finish level on log points (51) with Conference B winners Edinburgh, but the latter team boasted a greater points differential.
– Tightead prop Tom Botha was in the Ospreys side that went on to lose 29-20 to the Cardiff Blues in what was both teams’ final game of the season. Neither the Blues nor Ospreys qualified for the playoffs.
– Flank Johan Meyer and his Zebre teammates suffered a 19-6 loss at the hands of Benneton Treviso in their all-Italian clash on Sunday.
PRO14 semi-final lineup
Leinster vs Munster
Edinburgh vs Ulster
Photo: Getty Images