SARugbymag.co.za looks back at the South African players who featured for their respective clubs in round 13 of the French Top 14.
– Lock Jandre Marais and his Bordeaux teammates clinched a stunning 31-18 victory over Toulon. The South African lock produced a solid performance, despite being shown a yellow card late in the game.
– Montpellier, featuring Cobus Reinach, Jacques du Plessis, Paul Willemse and Bismarck du Plessis, slumped to an unflattering 16-9 defeat by Toulouse. Reinhardt Elstadt played in the back row for Toulouse, who remain in second position on the log.
– La Rochelle continued to set the pace at the top of the table with a comprehensive 43-13 bonus-point win over Agen. Dillyn Leyds and Wiaan Liebenberg started for La Rochelle, with the latter scoring one of the team’s six tries.
– Castres, who conceded a red card in the fourth minute, claimed a shock 15-14 victory over Lyon. The visitors, who had prop Dan Kotze in their ranks, crossed for a late try to turn the result in their favour.
– Scrumhalf James Hall and No 8 Gerbrandt Grobler bagged a try each as Stade Français romped to a commanding 51-21 win against a 14-man Brive side. The bonus-point victory lifted Stade up to fourth on the log.
– Racing 92 secured a thrilling 24-22 victory over Clermont courtesy of a late try. Forwards Jaco van Tonder and Reinach Venter were on duty for Clermont, while lock Bernard le Roux turned out for Racing.
Photo: Stade Français/Instagram