SARugbymag.co.za looks back at the South African players who featured for their respective clubs in the PRO14 this past weekend.
– The Scarlets scored six tries to hammer Treviso 41-7. Forwards Uzair Cassiem and Pieter Scholtz played for Scarlets, who are now up to third on the Conference B log. Locks Irne Herbst and Eli Snyman as well as hooker Corniel Els represented Treviso, with Els scoring one of their two tries.
– Ulster ground out a 19-13 win over the Glasgow Warriors. Springbok Marcell van der Merwe was at the back of the scrum for Ulster and Oli Kebble started at loosehead prop for the Warriors.
– Leinster inflicted a 35-29 defeat on the Dragons in a thrilling six-try match. Loosehead prop Brok Harris started for the Dragons, who’ve won just three games so far this season.
– Prop Tom Botha and scrumhalf Shaun Venter were on duty for the Ospreys, who clinched 10-0 victory over Zebre. The Ospreys are third in Conference A after this result.
– Munster, with Damian de Allende, Chris Cloete and Jean Kleyn in their ranks, beat Edinburgh 22-10 at Murrayfield. Pierre Schoeman, Michael Willemse, Boan Venter and Jaco van der Walt turned out for Edinburgh. With the win Munster extended their lead at the top of Conference B. The loss for Edinburgh means they are now in danger of missing qualification for next season’s Champions Cup.
Photo: Munster Rugby