All the stats, facts and numbers for Sunday’s Rugby Championship Test between the Springboks and Wallabies.
Facts and stats:
– Played 88, won 48, lost 37, drawn 3, points for 1733, points against 1550, tries scored 202, tries conceded 159; highest score 61 points, biggest win 45 poits; win percentage: 54%.
– Makazole Mapimpi has scored 16 tries in 18 Tests, which equates to a try-scoring record of 88.9%. The player with the best try-scoring ratio with more than 20 Test caps, is former Springbok centre Danie Gerber, who ended his career with 19 tries in 24 Tests (79.2%).
– Duane Vermeulen will start his 53rd Test in the Springbok No 8 jersey, stretching his number of starts to six more than the second-placed Pierre Spies (47).
– Springbok centre Lukhanyo Am has never played against Australia before and will now face the Wallabies for the first time.
– The total Test caps for the Springbok starting line-up is 680.
– There are 251 caps in the backline with 429 caps amongst the forwards. On the bench there are a further 116 caps.
– The average caps per player in the backline are 36 the forwards 53 while the players on the bench average 14.
Photo: Gallo Images