Super Rugby will enter a new era when an expanded 18-team tournament kicks off in February.
The new format has resulted in four conferences, with the Bulls, Cheetahs, Stormers and Sunwolves in Africa 1, and the Lions, Sharks, Kings and Jaguars in Africa 2. The Australian and New Zealand conferences remain the same.
In the new issue of SA Rugby magazine, on sale for just R29.90, we tell you everything you need to know about the 18 franchises, including their forward and back to watch.
We also have an idiot's guide to the somewhat complicated new format that will see eight teams progress to the play-offs.
Also in the new issue:
– The great Jonah Lomu has been taken from us at the age of just 40. Rugby will never be quite the same without its brightest star shining over it
– Dan Carter bowed out of Test rugby with the World Cup triumph he so desperately craved to bookend one of the great careers
– World Rugby Coach of the Year Michael Cheika always tells it like it is
– World Rugby Sevens Player of the Year Werner Kok will not rest on his laurels during this Olympic season
– Our Saffas in Europe XV based on players' club form in November
– Gio Aplon says his size has not counted against him in France
SA RUGBY MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTION RATE
– Available monthly to Foschini Group account holders for R26.99 (incl VAT) per issue
– Non-Foschini Group account holders (12 issues): R359 (incl VAT), Neighbouring states: R620; International: R820
SA RUGBY MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTION ENQUIRIES
– Foschini Group account holders: Phone 0860-117-529, email [email protected], or SMS ‘SARUGBY’ and your account number to 44001
– Non-Foschini Group account holders: Phone (021) 416-0141, fax 086-567-1350, or email: [email protected]