SuperSport will honour the life of Chester Williams by dedicating an all-day tribute to the former Springbok wing on Wednesday.
Williams passed away on Friday at the age of 49 after going into cardiac arrest.
To coincide with Williams’ memorial service at UWC on 11 September, SuperSport 1 will show an array from programmes and documentaries from 6am in his honour.
This will include a Williams documentary filmed in 2018 and a repeat of the Springboks’ 1995 World Cup quarter-final win over Samoa, when Williams famously scored four tries.
SuperSport will also play a recording of Williams’ memorial at UWC later in the day.
Williams’ funeral will take place at 12pm on Saturday at Newlands.
Full list of programmes:
– The Chester Williams documentary – an hour-long show recorded in 2018 that focuses on his career;
– Tries, tries, tries – A RWC special from 1995;
– 1995 The Dream Team – An hour-long RWC documentary;
– Springbok Saga 1995;
– One Team, one dream, one country – the 1995 team;
– A full repeat of the 1995 RWC final;
– The 20-year anniversary celebration of the 1995 RWC win, recorded at Ellis Park in 2015;
– A repeat of SA’s 1995 quarter-final win over Samoa where Williams famously scored four tries.
Photo: Gallo Images