For the Rugby Championship Test against Argentina at Loftus Versfeld in Pretoria on Saturday.
- The Springbok starting team boasts a total of 620 Test caps (288 in the backline and 332 in the forwards), while there are a further 175 caps worth of experience on the bench.
- South Africa and Argentina have played each other 17 times since 1993, with the Springboks winning 16 Tests, while one was drawn. The Springboks have scored 682 points and 84 tries and conceded 324 points and 30 tries for an average score of 40-19.
- South Africa and Argentina last met on 24 August 2013 in Mendoza in the Rugby Championship. The Boks beat Argentina 22-17 after trailing 13-17 at half-time. Morné Steyn kicked two penalties in the last 10 minutes. This was a week after the Boks beat Argentina 73-13 in Soweto.
- Jean de Villiers will extend his record as the most-capped Springbok centre, with 81 Tests in this position. He will also captain the Springboks for a 25th time.
- Bryan Habana will extend his record as the most-capped Springbok wing, with 96 Tests in this position. He will also extend his record of seven career appearances against Argentina and if he scores a try, will extend his record of 55 Test tries for South Africa as well as his Rugby Championship record of 17 tries in this competition.
- If he goes on at flyhalf, Morné Steyn will extend his record as the most-capped Springbok flyhalf, with 54 Tests in this position. If he scores a try, he will also extend his record of eight Test tries as a flyhalf for South Africa.
- If he scores a try, Bismarck du Plessis will extend his own record of nine Test tries for South Africa.
- Bismarck and his older brother Jannie will extend their record of playing together in 34 Tests for the Springboks. Bismarck, Jannie and Tendai Mtawarira will also extend their record of 16 Tests as a front-row pairing for South Africa.
- Damian de Allende becomes Springbok No 862.
- This will be the Springboks' 33rd Test match at Loftus. In the previous 32 Tests the Boks have won 24 and lost eight, scoring 1072 points and conceding 650 points in the process.