Allister Coetzee says he has not yet signed to become the next Bok coach.
Coetzee is believed be to the favourite to succeed Heyneke Meyer, but according to Times Media, it's not yet a done deal despite increasing rumours suggesting he may have already agreed to terms.
'Definitely not,' Coetzee told Times Media when asked if he had signed. 'I’m in Cape Town on holiday and having a great time. A lot has been said in the media and I would not like to tell anything that is not close to the truth.'
Last Friday, SA Rugby confirmed that a preferred candidate had been identified and that the recommendation would now be considered by the general council on 1 April.
President Oregan Hoskins said they were looking for a candidate with a 'proven track record at an elite level, someone who would embrace the objectives of our strategic transformation plan and someone who would understand the public demands of the job and what that entails'.
Coetzee would appear to tick all those boxes, and is still widely expected to be the man SA Rugby will unveil as the new Bok coach on 1 April.
Photo: Ashley Vlotman/Gallo Images