The case against World Cup-winning Springbok flyhalf Elton Jantjies has been provisionally withdrawn, his lawyer said, after his arrest last month on charges of damaging airline property.
The 31-year-old was arrested 15 May on charges of malicious damage to property of an airline he had flown with from Dubai to Johannesburg. He had been released on R1 000 bail.
His lawyer Nabeela Moola said on Friday that charges had been provisionally withdrawn “based on the representations made to the state”. Prosecutors did not comment.
Jantjies made his professional debut in 2011 with the Lions, and was loaned to French Top 14 club Pau in 2021, before joining Japanese outfit NTT Red Hurricanes this year.
The 41-Test-capped playmaker has just completed the second week in camp with the Springboks in Pretoria for the July series against Wales.
© Agence France-Presse