The action in the Vodacom United Rugby Championship resumes this week, as the Sharks and Benetton lock horns in Durban on Friday.
Overall Vodacom URC record: Played 1, Sharks won.
When they last met:
Did you know?
– This will be just the second of these fixtures. Sharks won the first last season by 22 points, Benetton were scoreless at half time.
– The Sharks are on a three-match losing streak and have won just one of their last five matches.
– Benetton won their last match away from home, but this is one of just two victories in their last 12 matches on the road.
– Rohan Janse van Rensburg has beaten more defenders than any other player in the league (38). He has also made the most dominant carries of a URC back (36).
– Curwin Bosch has kicked more retained restarts than any other player (ten), 19% of his kickoffs.
– Phepsi Buthelezi has made the most restart returns (29) and restart return metres (159) in the competition.
– When Benetton played the Lions in the last round, Filipo Drago and Jacob Umaga missed more tackles than any other players that weekend (seven and six respectively).
– Dewaldt Duvenage has made the most box kicks in the URC (82), 16 of which have been retained.
– Benetton have kicked the most 50/22s in the league (seven). They have conceded four themselves, one above the league average of three.
Photo: Alfio Guarise/LiveMedia/NurPhoto via Getty Images