SARugbymag.co.za looks back at the South African players who featured for their respective clubs in the European Challenge Cup this past weekend.
– Italian club Treviso ran in seven tries to trounce Stade Francaise 44-20. Scrumhalf Dewaldt Duvenhage and lock Irne Herbst started for the winning team, with Duvenhage scoring one of their tries. The duo won their individual battles against compatriots James Hall and Gerbrandt Grobler, who played scrumhalf and lock for Stade.
– Hanro Liebenberg, Jasper Wiese, Cyle Brink and Luan de Bruin turned out for the Leicester Tigers to beat Brive 39-17 at Welford Road. Brink came on as a replacement, but scored one of Leicester’s four tries.
– The Newcastle Falcons, with hooker Kyle Cooper and scrumhalf Louis Schreuder in their ranks, slumped to a 33-20 home defeat by the Cardiff Blues. Both players previously represented the Sharks.
– Lock Jeremy Jordaan and his Agen teammates suffered a 34-8 defeat at home by London Irish.
– Pau scored three tries to edge the Worcester Warriors 24-20. Scott van Breda played wing for the Warriors, who fielded a second-string lineup for this match.
– The Ospreys, featuring ex-Cheetahs duo Tom Botha and Shaun Venter who dove over for a try, hammered Castres 39-15. Castres had props Dan Kotze and Sphekahle Dube and lock Ryno Pieterse in their team.