SARugbymag.co.za identifies the 14 South African-born players who will be appearing for other nations at the upcoming World Cup in Japan.
- CJ Stander (born in George)
- Jean Kleyn (born in Klerksdorp)
- Wimpie van der Walt (born in Brits)
- Peter ‘Lappies’ Labuschagne (born in Pretoria)
- Kotaro Matsushima (born in Pretoria)
- WP Nel (born in Loeriesfontein)
- Allan Dell (born in Humansdorp)
- DTH van der Merwe (born in Worcester)
- Braam Steyn (born in Cradock)
- Bernard le Roux (born in Moorreesburg)
- Shaun Davies (born in Durban)
- Ruben de Haas (born in George)
- Hanco Germishuys (born in Kimberley)
- Dane Haylett-Petty (born in Durban)
Neither Tommaso Allan (Italy) and Marcel Brache (USA) were born in South Africa, but both players spent the majority of their playing careers in the country.