Take a look at the match-day squads for Saturday’s first-ever encounter between Japan and the British & Irish Lions, who will play their first game on home soil since 2005.
• South African-born Kotaro Matsushima has scored a tally of 11 tries in his last 11 Tests with Japan; he was one of just three players to gain more than 400 metres during the 2019 Rugby World Cup.
• Japan have won eight of their last 10 Tests (L2), with their two defeats in that run both coming against South Africa. They have won their last four Tests against European opposition
• The British & Irish Lions are unbeaten in the opening game of their last 12 tours (W11, D1), last losing their opening game in 1971 against Queensland (11-15)
• This match between the British & Irish Lions and Japan will be played at Murrayfield in Edinburgh, the first time a Lions game has been held in Scotland.
• Japan will become just the eighth different Test playing nation to face the Lions, with Argentina, Australia, Canada, Fiji, France, New Zealand and South Africa the other seven.