For Saturday's international match against the Barbarians at Wembley in London.
– The total number of Super Rugby caps in the starting lineup are 611 – of this, 231 caps are in the backline with 380 among the forwards. The combined Super Rugby caps of those on the bench are 317. The average Super Rugby caps per player in the match 23 are 40.
– The youngest player in the squad is Jean-Luc du Preez (21 years and two months), while the oldest member of the team is Tendai Mtawarira (31 years and three months).
– The tallest player in the squad is RG Snyman (2.06m) and the shortest is Rudy Paige (1.69m).
– Six players will play in the Springbok jersey for the first time – RG Snyman, Roelof Smit, Jamba Ulengo, Rohan Janse van Rensburg, Francois Venter and Sergeal Petersen. Furthermore, Lizo Gqoboka, Jean-Luc du Preez and Tian Schoeman are the uncapped players on the bench who might also have this honour.
– It will be the first time that Pat Lambie will captain the Springboks in a match.
– Any uncapped players in the squad will only become a capped Springbok when they appear in a Test and, until such time, these players will be regarded as Springbok tourists.
– The Springboks’ first encounter with the Barbarians took place on 26 January 1952 at Arms Park in Cardiff. The final score was 17-3 in favour of the Springboks.
– The Springboks have played seven games against the Barbarians, which resulted in three wins and four defeats for the South Africans.