The rivalry between the DHL Stormers and Vodacom Bulls resumes when the teams do battle in a Vodacom United Rugby Championship quarter-final in Cape Town on Saturday.
Overall Vodacom URC record: Played 5, Stormers won 5.
When they last met:
Did you know?
– The Stormers are on a five-match winning streak against the Bulls in the Vodacom URC – they have only lost to them twice in this competition, both in 2021.
– The Stormers have won 19 of their last 20 matches at home, last losing to Munster in Round 17.
– In their last two fixtures, the Bulls have won consecutive matches for the first time in 2023.
– Manie Libbok made the most kicks in play (15) and kicking metres (482) in Round 18. Two of these were retained, one was a try assist. He is also the league’s top-points scorer with 167.
– The Stormers have the highest rate of gainline success in the URC (58%).
– The Stormers have made a league-low average of 91 carries per 80 minutes. However, in this same interval, they have averaged more offloads than any other team (11).
– Elrigh Louw made as many carries as any other player in Round 18 (18). He also made a round-high 31 metres in contact, adding to his league-leading total of 247 this season.
– Both Kurt-Lee Arendse and Ruan Nortje made five offloads last time out – the highest total of Round 18. Nortje has also made more clearouts than any other player this season (89).
– The Bulls have won more penalties against the feed in the scrum than any other team (15). They have also scored the most tries after winning a turnover, a total of 16.
Photo: Shaun Roy/BackpagePix